In the final part of our free toning exercises I want to show you how, if you’re at all worried that your breasts aren’t as firm as they should be, that you don’t have to turn to a surgeon for help. If you do these simple exercises every other day for a six week period, you will see a difference.
Like all these free exercises, these exercises can be done in the privacy of your own home and you don’t need any special equipment.
This exercise uses the weight of your body to work your deltoids, triceps and pectorals, in other words your arms, shoulder and chest muscles. You should start by doing a half press up and progress to the full press up once you have built up your strength.
An Alternative – The Half Press-Up
I know that if this is your first time at trying these exercises, then you may find the full press up too much for you, so if you’re not ready for the full press-up, start with the half press-up.
- Start with your arms in the same position as for the full press-up but keep your knees on the mat
- Slowly lower the body as in the full press-up then return to the start position
As in the full press-up, try to do two sets of 12 to 15 repetitions every other day.
Exercise 1 – The Press Up
- On a mat, lie face down with your hands directly under your shoulders, or slightly wider if you wish to place more emphasis on your chest area
- Keep your fingers pointed forwards and your body and legs straight
- Bend your arms to about 90 degrees and lower your body, making sure to keep your head in line with your spine
- You must try to keep your stomach and thigh muscles tight and this will help you to keep your legs straight
- Try not to point your bottom in the air
- I know it hurts, but try to push yourself back up to the start position, remembering to breathe in on the way down and out as you press up
You should try to do two sets of 10 to 15 repetitions every other day
Exercise 2 – The Chest Press
For this second exercise, you could use three to four kilo hand weights or tins of food. You can do this exercise lying down on the floor. I find that the best results come from keeping your abdominals tight.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees
- Hold a weight in each hand
- Bend your arms to that your elbows are at 90 degrees and the palms of your hands face the wall opposite you
- Push your arms upwards so that they are nearly straight, but don’t push them completely straight
- Lower your arms to the start position
- Each action should take you approximately 4 seconds
You should aim for two sets of 12 to 15 repetitions every other day.
I hope that you found these basic exercises useful, helpful and most of all fun and enjoyable as I did. It is my wish that in some way they have helped you attain your goal.
Going forward, we will be looking at health issues, in a series of free articles that will help us plan our diet.