“Does my bum look big in this?” is a question we have all asked at one time or another. If your legs and bottom are your problem areas then these three exercises can really help. You should practise them every other day for approximately six weeks and you’ll definitely feel the difference.
Like all these free exercises, these exercises can be done in the privacy of your own home and you don’t need any special equipment.
Exercise 1 – Squats
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and your knees slightly bent
- Keep your back straight and put your hands on your hips
- Slowly bend your knees to 90 degrees and allow your body to lean forwards slightly until it is at right angles to your thighs
- Make sure that you keep your heels on the floor while you do this exercise
- Straighten your body to a full standing position with your hands still on your hips and repeat
You should aim to do two sets of 12 to 15 repetitions every other day.
Exercise 2 – Lunge
This is a demanding exercise but your efforts will be worthwhile. The lunge can give you fantastically toned inner thighs and buttocks. In order to make this exercise more challenging, you could use three to four kilo hand weights which you could improvise with tins of food.
- Place one foot forward about one stride length apart from your back leg
- Keep your hips facing straight ahead and your arms loose by your sides
- Keep your body upright and your abdominals firm
- Bend your knees to bring your front knee directly over your front foot
- Put your weight on to the heel of your front foot to work the buttock muscle most effectively
- Return to the start position and repeat
You should aim for two sets of 12 to 15 repetitions every other day.
Exercise 3 – Dorsal Raise
This last exercise is excellent for your lower back. This exercise can help improve posture and also prevent lower back pain by strengthening the main muscles that run along the lower part of your spine.
- Lie on your front on a mat with your arms outstretched in front of you and with your legs straight
- Do take care not to tense the muscles in your neck
- Raise your right arm and your left leg, keeping them both straight
- You should hold this position for one second and then slowly lower your limbs
- Now you should repeat this exercise raising the opposite arm and leg
You should aim to do two set of 12 to 15 repetitions every other day.
Next time we will look toning and firming your breasts, without surgery! Exercises that we can do for free, in the comfort of our own homes.
Keep up the good work…..