I don’t know about you but my family love pizza. I’ve found a recipe that isn’t covered in cheese and that allows my family to eat a healthy pizza with a twist.
You will need
• Mixing bowl
• 9 inch pie pan
• Food processor
• 1 +3/4 cup of raw almonds (or 1 +1/4 cup of almond meal)
• 5 fresh dates pitted
• Pinch of nutmeg
• 1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoon of raw honey (you might need a little more to form the dough
• 16 ounces of Greek Yogurt
• ¼ cup of sugar (if you don’t want to use sugar, substitute for Steviva blend or Steviva to taste)
1. Use a food processor to finely chop the nuts. If you are using almond meal, skip this step.
2. Add the pitted dates, oil and the spices and mix until you have what looks like crumbs.
3. Transfer your mixture into a mixing bowl and add the honey. Using your hands, form a dough ball. You may need to add more honey if needed.
4. Spread out the dough into the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, greased with the coconut oil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown.
6. For the filling, mix the Greek yogurt with the sugar (or steviva blend if desired) and blend into a cool shell. Add your fruit in a pattern of your choice on top of the yogurt.
7. Chill, serve and enjoy.
This recipe serves up to 8 people.
This is a really healthy pizza alternative to the usual fattening version and really delicious.