Have you heard of Coconut Milk? It’s a delicious fat burning food that has become an absolute staple in my diet. I use it as a replacement whenever regular cow’s milk is required, even in my tea and coffee and any sauces that I make.
You could ofcourse buy coconut milk already made from your health food shop and this is perfectly acceptable (check the ingredients to make sure it’s just coconut and water), but if you are using a lot, then this can not only become quite expensive, it’s also not ideal to constantly be using a product kept in cans. Unfortunately, any canned foods are going to contain chemicals that leach from the actual can so I just didn’t feel great about using something like that SO often.
So, I decided that the best and most healthy option would be to make my own and it really is quite simple. Keep a jug in your fridge and you can use it instead of your regular milk every time.
HOME MADE COCONUT MILK
- 7/8 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of hot water
You will also need
- Large Bowl
- Add shredded coconut into blender
- Add 1 cup hot water into the blender
- Blend at high speed for 2 to 3 minuites
- Put your cheesecloth over the blender
- Pour the pulp from the blender into the cheesecloth
- Squeeze the coconut milk into the colander
- Put the rest of the pulp back into the blender with 1/2 cup of hot water
- Blend on high speed again for 1 to 2 minuites
- Pour the mixture back onto the cheesecloth and squeeze the milk into the colinder (this is basically repeating the process to get as much coconut milk out of the shredded coconut as possible)
This is really easy to do and takes little time. It’s really just blending water and shredded coconut and squeezing the milk out of it. This homemade version is much tastier and healthier than any shop bought can.
Try it. It’s easy to do and VERY tasty!