HONEYED SWEET POTATOES
* 5 or 6 large peeled sweet potatoes
* 1 stick of butter
* 1/2 tsp. sea salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper (optional)
* 1 tablespoon (in moderation) of honey, maple syrup, or crushed apple sauce
1. Cut the peeled into quarters and place into large pot with teaspoon of salt added to the water.
2. Bring to the boil.
3. After approximately 20 minutes, test the potatoes with a fork to see if they are soft.
4. When cooked, drain the water and return the pot to a warm or low lit burner.
5. Add the butter to the bottom of the pan and stir until the butter is melted.
6. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add your honey or maple syrup or apple sauce, stirring thoroughly.
8. Do not over sweeten your potatoes as they are naturally sweet to begin with.
In addition to the above recipe, sweet potatoes are great as a healthy sweet treat for kids if you cut them up like french fries and bake them.